Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Battle!!!


Throughout the ages countries have fought each other for whatever reasons.  To prepare for battle we need an army and we need protection against the enemy.  There are countries like Costa Rica who does not have a standing army.  

We as individuals sometimes find ourselves in a battle for survival. Be it a fight against cancer, a fight against smoking, and drugs, a fight for our sanity, a fight for our freedom and will to live.  Most importantly a fight for our soul.

There are many battles but as the saying goes" we must fight the one worth fighting for. Some people are cantankerous and loves a good fight. Gods' children knows that in order to win the battle placed before them they must put on their armor. Their protection is the word of God. It is a shield and guide. Able to break down strongholds. Ephesians 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. 6:14 stand therefore having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness.6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace 6:16 above all taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to Quench all the fiery darts of the devil or wicked one. 6:18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. 

So never get weary about the battle and believing that we cannot win because Jesus Christ won on the cross. God does not lose battles. We as people get intimidated by the enemy and we may lose hope but as David said in psalm 91, 7:16 
Ten thousand may fall at my right side and ten thousand at my right hand but it shall not come near me. Verse 9 because you have made the Lord who is my  refuge, even the most high your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling. Verse 15 he shall call upon me and I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him, with long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation. 
There are many more passages in the bible where God tells us that he will fight for us. So before I become disillusioned with life I will remember that God has me. He is my battle axe.  1 chronicles 20:15 states: The battle is not mines but it is the Lords. 

No comments:

Post a Comment