Sunday, January 11, 2015

I Thirst!!!!

I thirst

The flames of hell will have many people say " Luke 16:25  fatherAbraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in some water to cool my tongue because I am  tormented in this flame. We can either thirst for living waters or we can become consumed by the unquenchable everlasting fire. 
Last night at work a customer said to me" I have read the bible twice and I cannot read a book over and over, it becomes boring! Well" speaking for myself I sometimes had become bored believing that their is nothing to learn because I have already read that chapter or that verse. So I had to come to the understanding that if I want to be delivered from any problem or situation I have to stay in the word. There is this new song I have been listening to and it says, they got rockets and machine guns and they are firing on my brain, ready aim fire, you can't shoot me down. I take this as a symbol of the world and it's entirety coming at me with serious power trying to shoot me down with there lies, there subliminal messages, there hate and anger, there unrighteous acts of violence against those they deem unworthy to live and exist in this world. There is no way I could cope or handle any situation if it was not for the word of God. 
So I had to find a way to enjoy reading Gods word every day. That did not happen until 1 verse kept playing over and over in my head. Proverbs 4:20, 21, 22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ears unto my sayings, let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh. After much thought it dawned on me that I needed to love the word. The bible is not just any book, this is the word of God. Everything that I need to live and get through this journey is in this book. Psalm119:105 The word is a lamp unto my feet which tells me that I will not fall nor stumble. The word is a shield unto those who trust in God. 2 Corinthians 10:3,4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of stronghold. Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 
So not only did I become in love with the word but I put away everything else , no more Facebook, no more radio, no more television. So now it is me and God and the more I read the more peace fills my soul, the more happier I have become. Joy has now filled my life. My soul now rest in Gods peace that no man can take away no matter how hard you try. So I thirst and I will continue to drink from the fountain of living waters which gives life to a weary soul. Just as Jesus said to the woman at the well, John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be to him a well of water springing up into everlasting life .

No comments:

Post a Comment