Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Rock!!

My Rock

Some people say that their husband or wife is their rock.  There use to be a commercial for prudential insurance, " stand on the rock", as if to say you can never go wrong. The definition for rock is ' relatively hard  naturally formed mineral, stone.  The bible also uses the Term rock in describing God. He is our rock,  He is strong and mighty.  He stands forever.  
Some people need a drink to get them through the day. There are others who need to smoke or take drugs just to cope with life, then there are those who must be in a relationship to feel wanted or needed. In order to have a true relationship with someone we must first have a relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to love ourselves we must first love Jesus Christ. When we love and seek him first, he will give us the understanding of his love, mercy, grace and power over our life. Once we start to walk with him, talk with him, commune with him we start to feel his presence and no longer become dependent on those worldly negative things, because in reality, we are only masking a deeper problem. In no way does drinking, drugs and ungodly relationships help us. They only destroy us slowly over time. I remember being told by someone close to me that I needed a psychiatrist to help me with my mental issues. I told this person that God was my psychiatrist. I just have a strong belief that Jesus being here on earth and healing people From all kinds of ailments is proof enough for me to continue my belief in him. He is still healing people and there is nothing impossible for him to do. No matter the problem or situation just give it to God. If we pay attention to every one in the bible who Christ Jesus healed, they all were healed because of their faith. They believed that he could heal them and they were healed. Mathew 7:8 says' that for everyone who ask receives, and he who seeks finds, and to everyone who knocks the door shall be opened. 
Mark 11:24 says' therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it and it will be granted unto to you. James 1:6 says' The one who doubts is like a wave of the sea being driven and tossed by the wind. So when we pray we must have faith in our prayer in believing that God will answer our prayer. Luke 17:6 say' if you have faith  as small as a mustard seed you can say to this mulberry tree " be uprooted and planted in the sea and it will obey you. Psalm 18: 2 says' The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer. My God is my rock in whom I take refuge. Beyonce has a song called 'baby you are my rock, ' but there is no greater rock than Jesus Christ, my shield and my deliverer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment