Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Baby

This is only my opinion!! But I have given this much thought and this is only my opinion. I do not want to change anyone's views or beliefs. 

Most of us have read and celebrated the birth of Jesus in some way or another. We know the story" that before he came to earth he was in heaven with the father. At the birth of Jesus was the 3 wise men who came to bare gifts. Mary and Joseph and the angels in heaven were also there. One of God's gift to mankind is the birth of Jesus for the redemption of our sins. His birth was being celebrated by the angels in heaven and few people on earth. I totally believe that the wise men should bring him gifts. He is a great king, who came to earth to do the will of our father in heaven. 

Babies don't stay babies forever and  Jesus being celebrated at Christmas as a baby in the manger in my opinion takes away from who Christ is. I know that we as people also want to celebrate his birth. However' Christmas is not written in the bible and we all know it is the tradition of men to do this. I believe that when we go and buy gifts for each other, it's saying that we are equal to him. I even think that we are making a mockery of who Jesus is and why he came to earth. If I only see Jesus as a baby then  I won't see Jesus for who he really is. He sits at the right hand of God, he was sacrificed for my sins as well as yours, he was wounded for our transgressions. He is my healer, my wonderful counselor.
In my opinion, keeping Jesus as a baby takes away the fear of who Jesus Christ is. If I no longer fear him then I won't be concerned with sinning and making wise decisions about what is right and what is wrong.

Revelations 1:16 states!

And he had in his right hand seven stars and out of his mouth went a sharp 2 edged sword and his face shone as the sun shineth in his strength. As we read this verse tells us that the seven stars are the angels who are over the seven churches. Jesus having a 2 edged sword is telling us that he is a serious God and not to be taken lightly. 

We can be happy with our celebrations but does everyone truly understand the significance of who Jesus really is. Churches seem to have forgotten the word Hellfire. It's now prosperity and being blessed. 

Then there is the tree, Christmas tree. Jeremiah 10:2

Thus saith the Lord,learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them; for the customs of the people are vain; for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4, they deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not, 5, they are upright as the palm tree, but speak not; they must be carried because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Revelation 11:10

And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them ( the two witnesses) and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwell on the earth.

I do not know the true meaning of this verse but the world is sending gifts one to another over the death of 2 witnesses of God, the only time we send gifts to each other is Christmas. I am not sure if there is a connection but I was moved by this verse and I am using it in my decision in how I worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment