Friday, April 24, 2015

Don't Go Back To Egypt!!!

Don't go back to Egypt !!!!

As the song sings: by Avion Blackman, Tittle;  ( It is for freedom) don't go back to Egypt, don't go back to Rome, don't go back to Babylon, that place is not your home. On different occasions throughout history freed slaves seem to think that running back to the slave master would be a wiser choice. The Israelites while crossing the Sinai desert thought that it would be much more feasible to return to their task masters.  Isaiah 31:1 states" Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help. Who rely on horses, who trust in the multitudes of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, But do not look to the Holy One of Israel. Over and over again I read stories about american slaves who were freed but chose to stay with their slave owners or task masters. I even read of a story of American slaves being freed and sent to Liberia Africa. They begged to return to the U.S. Why would they want to return to their slave owners ? because the harshness of the land, disease and volatile treatment by Africans towards them was much too unbearable. This makes me think of the guy who steals to get caught only to go to jail because in jail he gets 3 meals per day. Freedom should always be the first choice that a person chooses in life. But society has a lot of us being co- dependent. I need the government for a check this month and the next and the next and the next. So if I am dependent on the government for a check to support myself and family then I am now a slave to the government. The bible states" Thessalonians 3:10 If a man will not work he shall not  eat. If a man or woman cannot find work how will they support themselves and family. Jobs  shipped overseas years ago. Many malls and businesses are closing. Major cities in America now look like ghost towns. 

Not long ago it was blacks who were enslaved and chained. Now as I look just over the horizon many nations of people are enslaved. They are enslaved to war, poverty, financial woes, disease, sin. The invisible chains which holds us all captive. Many people are  in bondage.  I Do not believe that myself or anyone else is free. Because it is very eminent that America will declare bankruptcy and when this country does all nations will fall like dominoes. The only person who will benefit from this are the super wealthy. 

I have no desire to go back to Egypt, but I do have every desire to pray diligently. It is my desire to see and experience the full power of God move in my life. It is my desire to seek  Jesus Christ now more than ever before. The dark clouds are rising and only God can see me through. As 
James 5:16 states, 
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 
2 Chronicles 7:14 also states
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

No comments:

Post a Comment