Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sirens!!!

Sirens
Every night before going to sleep I hear sirens. They seem to be constant in my neighborhood. As I listen I had to collect myself and ask myself this question. Where is Shayla? She is home in her own house in bed! Where is Shiyantez she is in the other room in her own bed and I am in bed also. These are my daughters I am asking about! So now I say a quick prayer in my head " Oh Lord, please watch over whomever it may be and keep them safe. After the accident that I saw 2 days ago I have now become a bit more conscious when I drive. Just 2 blocks away from my home was a four car accident. One vehicle was turned on its side and glass and debris was all over the intersection. I was not there to see when it first happened but as I pulled up to go home there it was. If I was a betting person I would bet money that someone was on there phone and not paying attention to the road. I remember in drivers Ed many years ago my teacher  Mr Bloom, specifically stating" Do Not Take Your Eyes Off The Road" it only takes a split second for an accident to happen. Nowadays with cell phones, Facebook  and other social media everyone young and old are captivated by their phones. If only people would pull over to the side of the road to text or wait until they get home to talk on their phones. I have seen so many car accidents this year alone. By my job there was 3 in 1 week all at the same corner. Maybe because I live by a busy street but I have seen cars on top of other cars and wondered how on earth did that happen and how were they able to remove the cars and occupants. This is scary because not only are more people distracted these days but some may even be on prescribed medications and or drugs. I pray that someone reads this and take it into consideration " That whatever it is it can wait.  I have seen so many people driving with there heads down instead of looking at the road. Remember we look out for ourselves and everyone around us as we drive. 
Better safe than dead. Better late than dead. Better safe than sorry. We are not replaceable. May The Good Lord Help Us All. 


No comments:

Post a Comment