Saturday, April 4, 2015

He knows me!!!

He knows everything about me and he loves me still. He knows how many strands of hair is on my head. I suppose he should because he gave them to me. He knows me inside and out because with great wisdom he intricately designed me. Just like no 2 snowflakes are the same neither are  no 2 chromosomes the same, not even twins.

Back in the day I use to enjoy singing this song by the supremes. As I look at the words I feel that this is how God feels about us.
Ain't no mountain high enough, aint no valley low enough ain't no river wide enough, to keep me from you.  There is no where on earth that we can go to hide from him. We have all heard the Jonah story. In the belly of a great fish in the depths of the sea God is there. If we ascend to the highest mountain or reach the farthest of outer space God is there. The bible states that nothing can separate us from the love of God. 

So when I get discourage I know that I can go to the Lord Jesus with my problems  and he will guide me through them.  Even after I am gone from this earth my soul will rest with God until the day of judgement for those who believe. 

The book of Genesis gives an account of Abel's blood crying out beyond the ground to the Lord. Sounds like he is asking for vengeance since his life was cut short. Revelations 6:9,10 I saw under the alter the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: and they cried with a loud voice, saying how long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
John 3:16  states, for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Since this is Easter or resurrection weekend I am happy to know that someone loves me that much to sacrifice his only son so that I and the rest of the world will one day live in harmony with him. So the troubles of today are temporary and one last reminder found in the book of James 4:8 Draw Close To God And He Will Draw Close To You. Cleanse your hands ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment