Sunday, April 26, 2015

Multitudes, Multitudes, In the valley of decision!!!

Today I sit in court once again.  I am not anxious, nor am I afraid of what decision may be made today. I pretty much know the outcome. I received my  drivers license so now I am here to see whether the judge will waiver the cost of my tickets. 
 As I sit here in quietness I think of another courtroom, sitting before the judge of all mankind.   I believe almost everyone has some kind of fear factor going on while being in court.  So being here just took me to the judgement seat. Why do I feel like crying? And I feel as though if I start  to cry I will not be able to stop. 
The thought of being or standing before the throne of God to be judged just scared me. The thought of the angels standing, and waiting for the outcome of each of us. The thought of some people being thrown into a fiery furnace just seemed so real. In a regular courtroom people are already nervous because their fate is in the hands of someone else.  So how wonderful and pleasant will it be for those who believe in Jesus and is patiently waiting for his return. We each find God at different times in our lives,  but let us strive to find him. God's word says" let us seek him early while he still may be found.  Knowing that during my life time I have honored the lord by not transgressing his commandments should be some solace of comfort to me. I should take pleasure in knowing that I have lived my life following Gods word. I get nothing from being hateful towards others. I will speak against things that is wrong and others may see that as being hateful or racist but one should be able to speak the truth. The truth hurts but I prefer to hear the truth than to be fed lies. God himself does not like liars so why should I become one. It is a wonderful thing to know that I am saved and I strive each day to do what is right. I am in no way perfect and I don't know who is but knowing that their is a reward for the righteous keeps me motivated to follow Jesus. 

I know that the bible states in Matthew 7:22  that many will say on judgement day ,Lord Lord, I prophesied in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and in your name I performed many miracles  and he will say, ' depart from me ye workers of iniquity I never knew you. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For some unknown reason I seem to think that judgement will take place in heaven but the bible states that judgement will take place right here on earth. 
Joel 3:2, 9-16
I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehosh'a-phat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. 
Proclaim ye this the Gentiles; prepare war,wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near, let them come up:
Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears: let the weak say 'I am strong. 
Assemble yourselves and come all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: Thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.
Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Je-hosh'a-phat : for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about. 
Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe; come, get ye down; for the press is full, the vats overflow; for their wickedness is great. 
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the Lord is near in the valley of decision.
The sun and the moon shall be darkened and the stars shall withdraw their light. 
The Lord also shall roar out of Zion and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the Hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment